Just Had an Accident? Know Your RIGHTS as an Insured Driver
• You are not required by law to get more than one estimate.
• You have the right to the repair shop of your choice.
Your insurance company cannot dictate who does your work.
• Ask if the shop offers a lifetime repair warranty.
• Let us help you negotiate your claim with the insurance company.
• Some insurance companies want you to visit their drive in claims center before repairs started. You can do this or you may leave your car with us and we’ll ask your insurance company to inspect the car here.
• Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) or aftermarket replacement parts.
• Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all the necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different, please give us a call at 573-348-9070.
• Your vehicle is the second largest investment you’re likely to make.
Preserve its value by having it repaired professionally.
• Choose a repair shop that has uni-body repair equipment and is certified by
I-CAR or ASE.
• Never drive a vehicle that could be unsafe because of damages.
How do I know if I need to pay a deductible?
Deductibles range anywhere from $250.00 - $1000.00. The amount of the deductible depends on whether the claim is considered a comprehensive claim, collision, uninsured motorist or " hit and run ". It is very important to check with your insurance agent to determine all the type of deductibles.
When and how do I pay my deductible?
Your deductible is due when you pick up the vehicle after repairs are complete. We accept the following payment methods:
• Cashiers Check
• Insurance Checks/Drafts
• Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover
Can you " bury the deductible " for me?
No, to " hide " or " bury " your deductible in the repair costs to the insurance company is considered fraud and we know you wouldn’t want to be involved in any fraudulent activity!
"One of the reasons our estimates may differ from another shop is because we believe
in writing a thorough estimate up front"
Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all the necessary work. Necessary repairs may be left out of another estimate making the dollar amount appear much less. In the end, once the repair is complete, the total cost of repairs would be very similar. However, one of the things that sets us apart from other shop is the detailed steps we take in repairing a car, which may also account for any differences. For example, when we do painting, we remove moldings, emblems, and other items that would get in the way of painting your vehicle as completely as possible. This is known as " remove and install ". Our goal with every vehicle is to bring your car back to the way it was before the accident. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different, please give us a call at 573-348-9070.
What does R & I mean? (Remove and Install)
A term that refers to the removal of trim pieces (moldings, door handles, emblems, etc.) from the vehicles so the paint may be properly applied. We do this as a general practice on all repairs, in order to guarantee our paint.
Do I have to get three estimates?
No, you are not required by law to get more than one estimate and you get to pick the shop of your choice. Your only obligation is to inform the insurance company where you are having the vehicle repaired so they may have access to the vehicle to inspect the damage.
What will I drive while my vehicle is being repaired?
Hi-Tech Auto Body can provide you with a rental car to drive while yours is being repaired. Ask us about our rental fleet to accommodate your needs while your vehicle is having work done on it. We have extremely low-rate rental vehicles available for you if you do not have car rental included in your insurance policy.
• 8 hours or more of labor (average is 24.0 hours)
• 21 Years of age or older
• Valid drivers License
• Comprehensive and Collision insurance
If rental reimbursement is provided by the insurance company paying the claims, that insurance company will be charged.
Will my car ever be the same?
Yes, we guarantee you that your vehicle will be returned to its pre-accident condition. The more detailed information we receive regarding how the accident occurred, the better our ability to know what type of repair procedures to use to put your vehicle back to pre-accident condition.
We will meticulously restore your vehicle’s original factory appearance, we are committed to delivering more than just a " cosmetic makeover ". We’ll repair your vehicle so it once again meets factory specifications.
How do I know the repairs will be done right?
Hi-Tech Auto Body provides a lifetime warranty and a lifetime nationwide Spies Hecker Paint warranty.